Great salad. I switched the blue cheese to Feta but stuck to the rest of the recipe. The bacon bits jumped out between the sweet sour and tasted great. I didn't add an egg and instead combined it with a side tortellini.
Bistro Dinner Salad
This dinner salad is a perfect light and quick, yet refined, meal. The mustard tarragon vinaigrette complements the slightly bitter salad greens, while the pear adds a hint of sweetness.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 16.9g
- Carbohydrate: 44.7g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 222mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 605mg
- Calcium: 150mg
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 4 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 2 bacon slices (uncooked)
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (1-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette, toasted
- Place nuts in a small skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Break 1 egg into each of 4 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave at high for 40 seconds or until set; let stand 1 minute. Remove eggs from cups; drain on paper towels.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; cool slightly. Remove bacon from the pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. Crumble bacon. Combine walnuts, bacon, greens, blue cheese, and pear in a large bowl.
- Combine 1 teaspoon reserved drippings, vinegar, oil, tarragon, and mustard in small bowl; stir with a whisk. Drizzle over greens mixture; toss gently. Arrange 2 cups salad mixture on each of 4 serving plates; top each serving with 1 egg and 1 toast slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes