LOVED how fast and easy this was! My husband and I loved it, as well as our 10 year old son. I substituted the chicken for the bison. It was still really hearty and delicious.
Bison and Water Chestnut Lettuce Cups
Bison is leaner than beef, making it a good choice for a healthy dinner like this one. The spicy Sriracha sauce squirted on at the end is the key seasoning.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 433
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 249mg
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- 1 pound lean ground bison or ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Asian black bean sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 large head butter lettuce, separated into leaves
- Sriracha chili sauce
- 1. Combine bison, ginger, and garlic in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring to break up meat, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add bean sauce and hoisin and stir just until combined. Stir in water chestnuts and onions.
- 2. Spoon bison mixture into a serving bowl. Put peanuts in a small bowl and set lettuce leaves on a platter. Serve with Sriracha.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note