We were concerned about the volume of oil & pepper & rosemary compared to 1lb of steak BUT we still went ahead with it. OMG, what a chore to get the excess off before skewering.
Bison Ribeye Kebabs
The ribeye cut of bison is surprisingly lean, and it yields tender results when grilled. Bison has a deeper, richer flavor than beef, and it stands up well to the piney rosemary. You can serve these kebabs with whole-wheat pita bread and a romaine salad to round out your meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 335mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound bison ribeye, trimmed and cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- 2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Remove bison from marinade, and discard remaining marinade. Thread bison evenly onto each of 4 (12-inch) skewers, and sprinkle with salt. Place the skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note