Community Recipe from
- 1/2 pound(s) ground bison
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower stemmed and cut into small florets about 3 cups
- 1 medium green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1 15oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15oz can no salt added kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat a large Dutch Oven or pot over high heat. When the pot is very hot, add bison and brown it, stirring often for 5 mins. Add oniona and carrot, and cook, until both begin to soften, about 5 mins. Add 1/2 cup water to deglaze the pan, scraping brown bits from bottom of the pan as the water evaporates.
- Add cauliflower, bell pepper and garlic and cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 mins. Add cumin and chili powder, vinegar, tomatoes and beans along with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are fork tender, about 45 mins.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Patsychef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes