This chunky, veggie packed chili is just the thing for cold weather comfort. A surprise ingredient, cauliflower, adds even more flavor.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) ground bison
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower stemmed and cut into small florets about 3 cups
- 1 medium green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1 15oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15oz can no salt added kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat a large Dutch Oven or pot over high heat. When the pot is very hot, add bison and brown it, stirring often for 5 mins. Add oniona and carrot, and cook, until both begin to soften, about 5 mins. Add 1/2 cup water to deglaze the pan, scraping brown bits from bottom of the pan as the water evaporates.
- Add cauliflower, bell pepper and garlic and cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 mins. Add cumin and chili powder, vinegar, tomatoes and beans along with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are fork tender, about 45 mins.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Patsychef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note