Bison Burger Panini Melt
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 bison panini)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 607mg
- Calcium: 343mg
- 3/4 pound ground bison (buffalo)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 4 hamburger buns or sandwich rolls
- 1. Gently combine ground bison with parsley, 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly, and salt. Form mixture into 4 equal patties.
- 2. Heat a lightly oiled panini press or grill pan over medium heat, and cook burgers, pressing them lightly (if using a grill pan, turn them halfway through) about 2-3 minutes. (Use a meat thermometer to check that burgers have reached 160°.) Transfer to a plate.
- 3. Place burgers on bottom sides of buns, and spread each with 1 tablespoon hot pepper jelly. Top with onion and a slice of cheese. Top with other half of bun, and place back on panini press or grill pan with a heavy lid on top. Press about 3 minutes total (turning halfway if using a grill pan) for medium or until bread is golden brown and burger is cooked to desired doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This