Biscuits and Beans
Biscuits and beans are common ingredients in traditional country cooking. From Dolores Grossenbacher: Beloit, Wisconsin. Corn on the cob would go well with this dish. Remove husk and silk from ears of corn. Bring water to a boil, cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water with tongs. Recipe published in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 15 3/4-ounce can(s) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 12-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 to 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- • In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, onion and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- • Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange over the hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note