Biscuits and Beans
Biscuits and beans are common ingredients in traditional country cooking. From Dolores Grossenbacher: Beloit, Wisconsin. Corn on the cob would go well with this dish. Remove husk and silk from ears of corn. Bring water to a boil, cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water with tongs. Recipe published in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook.
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 15 3/4-ounce can(s) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 12-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 to 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- • In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, onion and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- • Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange over the hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note