Biscuit-Topped Chicken Potpie
Tasty Biscuit-Topped Chicken Potpie will be a one-dish hit with both the kids and adults. If you’re pressed for time, use 6 large refrigerated biscuits from a 1-lb. can.
More From Allyou
Total: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 561
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 147mg
- Sodium: 895mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 cups shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken (from a rotisserie bird)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Make biscuits: Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse sand. Gently stir in all but 1 Tbsp. milk. Turn dough onto a lightly floured countertop, knead just to bring together; pat into a 1/2-inch-thick circle. Cut into 6 biscuits with a 3-inch cutter. Place on baking sheet, cover and chill.
- 2. Make filling: Whisk cream and cornstarch in a bowl. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté shallot until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, vegetables, chicken and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in cream mixture; cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 3. Transfer filling to an 11-by-7-inch baking dish; arrange biscuits on top. Brush biscuits with remaining 1 Tbsp. milk. Bake until biscuits are golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes