Biscotti with Lavender and Orange
Fresh lavender, combined with freshly grated orange rind, gives these crunchy cookies an aromatic appeal that's better than any bakery fare.
More From Oxmoor House
Bake: 55 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat until blended. Stir in almonds and vanilla.
- 3. Using floured hands, shape dough into a 10-inch log on a lightly greased baking sheet, and flatten to 1-inch thickness.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- 5. Cut log diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion. Place slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20 to 25 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note