Birthday Chocolate Cake
This cake is a combination of Lu Lu the Baker's adaptation of Ina Garten's Chocolate Cake with her own frosting recipe. The filling is from Paula Deen's Mississippi Mud Cake from Food Network
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk Can be made from white vinegar and milk
- 1/2 cup(s) oil
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) hot, strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter two 8" cake pans, line with parchment paper or wax paper. Butter and dust with cocoa.
- Combine all dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer & mix until combined. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Pour buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients and beat just until smooth. Add coffee and mix just until incorporated. Divide batter, which will be incredibly runny, evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from center of cake. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cakes as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by maw52647 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note