One of the most cherished Indian dishes. Biryani is a favorite for all special occassions and thats probably why it takes a lot of work :-)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 500 gms container(s) Basmati rice
- 1 kg can(s) Chicken pieces
- 4 tsp. can(s) Garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 4 tbsp dash(es) Whole garam masala
- 50gms bar(s) Butter
- 1 cup(s) onions sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) Golden fried onions sliced
- 4 tbsp dash(es) garlic Chopped
- 2 tbsp dash(es) Rose Water
- 4 tbsp dash(es) ginger chopped
- 5 tbpsp dash(es) Oil
- 3 tbsp dash(es) Red chili powder
- Salt To taste
- 1 tbsp dash(es) Coriander powder
- 1/2 dash(es) Saffron
- 2 tbsp dash(es) Turmeric powde
- 2 cup(s) Curd (yogurt)
- 4 no's clove(s) Bay leaf
- 3/4 cup(s) tomato chopped
- 1. Marinate chicken pieces .Mix salt, ½ of the red chili powder, ½ of the chopped ginger, ½ of the chopped garlic, 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder, ½ of the turmeric powder and Curd/Yogurt. Mix well and put chicken pieces in this for an hour.
- 2. Wash and soak rice in water for about 30 minutes.
- 3. Boil water, add ½ of the Whole Garam Masala , bay leaf and salt and boil rice till ¾th done. Drain rice and keep aside.
- 4. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add remaining Whole Garam masala .Let it crackle. Add Sliced onions and sauté’ until light golden brown.
- 5. Then add remaining chopped ginger, chopped garlic, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, 1 tsp. Garam Masala powder and chopped tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add marinated chicken and cook till chicken is tender.
- 6. Dissolve saffron in warm milk and keep aside.
- 7. Arrange alternate layers of chicken and rice. Sprinkle saffron dissolved in milk, remaining Garam Masala powder, mint leaves, golden fried sliced onions and butter in between the layers and on top. Make sure that you end with the rice layer topped with saffron , rose water and spices.
- 8. Cover and seal with aluminum foil . Cook in a preheated oven, for 10-12 minutes. Alternatively cook on an indirect slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Source: www.bestglobalrecipes.com
This recipe is a personal recipe added by junkfoodie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note