You can substitute jelly beans for the chocolate pieces.
Yield: Makes 16
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- Pastel-colored candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over low heat, and cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until marshmallows melt. Add cereal, stirring until well blended.
- Spoon mixture evenly into 16 lightly greased muffin pan cups. Press with wax paper to compact. Press an indentation in centers, forming a nest, and let cool completely. Remove nests, and fill centers with pastel chocolate pieces.
- Peanut-Butter Birds' Nests: Reduce marshmallows to 2 cups, and substitute 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter for butter. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This