I haven't tried this cake, but honestly the decoration looks hideous. And, this is not really a recipe if the cake itself isn't even semi-homemade.
Bird's Nest Cake
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
- WHAT YOU NEED
- 8- or 9-inch layer cake, homemade or from a mix
- White and yellow jimmies
- Yellow Sixlets (small candy-coated chocolate balls)
- Yellow chick Peeps
- Purple and yellow licorice strings
- 1. Make 2-layer cake. Frost cake with your favorite frosting. Place jimmies in a medium bowl. Immediately pack jimmies around edges of cake, allowing excess to fall back into bowl as you make your way around cake. Place on a serving platter or cake stand.
- 2. Spoon additional frosting into a ziplock bag. Squeeze out excess air and seal bag. Snip off a corner of bag. Pipe a line of frosting where cake meets plate; place Sixlets around bottom edge.
- 3. Place toothpicks in bottom of Peeps; fasten Peeps to cake in a circle. Pipe a line of frosting around bottom ring of Peeps; place additional Sixlets between each Peep.
- 4. Wind purple and yellow licorice strings around your hand to form a nest; place on top of circle of Peeps. Place 2 Peeps on top of nest.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This