Bird's Nest Pie
Recipe makes two pies. Recipe published in Reminisce March/April 1993.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 to 5 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- • Divide apples evenly between two greased 9-in. pie plates; set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, buttermilk and egg; mix well. Divide batter and pour over apples. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until pies are lightly browned and test done. Invert onto serving plates (so apples are on the top). Combine all topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note