Simply wonderful. Very easy to make and a lovely simplicity of flavor. We don't feel the need for any garnish and enjoy it primarily as a side dish, but it would make a nice dessert with a little whipped cream garnish.
Bing Cherry Salad
More From Southern Living
9 Hours, 50 Minutes
- 1 (15-oz.) can Bing cherries (dark, sweet pitted cherries)
- 2 (8-oz.) cans crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (6-oz.) package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Garnishes: poppy seeds, arugula leaves
- 1. Drain cherries and pineapple, reserving 1 1/2 cups juice in a saucepan. (If necessary, add water to equal 1 1/2 cups.) Bring juice mixture to a boil over medium heat; stir in gelatin, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 cup cold water. Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg whites (about 1 1/2 hours).
- 2. Gently stir in drained cherries and pineapple. Pour mixture into a 8-inch square baking dish or 8 (2/3-cup) molds. Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm. Dollop with mayonnaise, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads