I have been looking for this recipe for years. My husband's mother would make it every year as part of Christmas dinner and he says this is it! Very easy to make, the consistency is great for a mold. I served it as a side dish with baked chicken and stored the leftovers back into the mold with the serving plate as its top. Late that night my teenager and his friends ate it again as a snack. It has been added to the list of items to be served at Christmas meal.
Bing Cherry Salad
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 (16 1/2-ounce) can pitted Bing cherries, undrained
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola soft drink
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cherry gelatin
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain pineapple and cherries, reserving juices. Bring reserved juices and cola to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in gelatin. Remove from heat; stir 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in pineapple, cherries, and pecans; pour into a lightly greased 6 1/2-cup mold. Cover and chill 8 hours. Unmold onto a serving dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This