Bing Cherry-Grapefruit Salad
- 1 (26-ounce) jar refrigerated unsweetened grapefruit sections, undrained*
- 1 (16 1/2-ounce) can pitted Bing cherries, undrained
- 1/3 cup dry sherry or dry white wine
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cherry gelatin
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain grapefruit and cherries, reserving juices.
- Bring reserved juices and sherry to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat; add gelatin, and stir 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- Chill 30 minutes or until consistency of unbeaten egg white; stir in grapefruit, cherries, and pecans. Pour into a 6 1/2-cup mold. Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving dish.
- *1 1/2 grapefruits, sectioned, and 1 1/3 cups fresh grapefruit juice (about 3 grapefruits) may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note