I have been making these cookies for years and they're always eaten up quickly. They're very simple and easy and the flavor and texture are surprising and oh, so addictive!
Big Three Cookie
Prep and Cook Time: about 25 minutes. Notes: If making up to 5 days ahead, cool and store airtight at room temperature; freeze to store longer. For an intriguing finish, before baking the cookies, sprinkle them lightly with salt as well as sugar.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 1 cup roasted, salted pistachios
- About 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1. In a food processor, whirl nuts, 3/4 cup sugar, and egg to a coarse paste.
- 2. Butter and flour a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet, plain or nonstick. Drop level tablespoons of pistachio mixture about 3 inches apart onto baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with more sugar.
- 3. Bake cookies in a 325°oven until lightly browned, 14 to 18 minutes (10 to 12 minutes in a convection oven). Let cool on pan until firm, about 5 minutes. Slide a metal spatula under cookies to release; transfer to a rack. Serve warm or cool.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note