Big Three Cookie
Prep and Cook Time: about 25 minutes. Notes: If making up to 5 days ahead, cool and store airtight at room temperature; freeze to store longer. For an intriguing finish, before baking the cookies, sprinkle them lightly with salt as well as sugar.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 1 cup roasted, salted pistachios
- About 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1. In a food processor, whirl nuts, 3/4 cup sugar, and egg to a coarse paste.
- 2. Butter and flour a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet, plain or nonstick. Drop level tablespoons of pistachio mixture about 3 inches apart onto baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with more sugar.
- 3. Bake cookies in a 325°oven until lightly browned, 14 to 18 minutes (10 to 12 minutes in a convection oven). Let cool on pan until firm, about 5 minutes. Slide a metal spatula under cookies to release; transfer to a rack. Serve warm or cool.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note