big soft ginger cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- additional sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by selenaluv and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
big soft ginger cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies