We made it exactly, no altering necessary. The Omelets came out terrific! Served with garlicy, buttery grits and English muffins... and Mimosas.
The Big Easy Crawfish Omelet
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 185
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 5.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 254mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 703mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked crawfish tail meat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon All That Jazz Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fat-free sour cream
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely diced reduced-fat ham (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons shredded light processed cheese (such as Velveeta Light)
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine crawfish, All That Jazz Seasoning, and sour cream.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and ham; sauté 3 minutes. Pour egg mixture into pan; let egg mixture set slightly. Tilt pan and carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula; allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion. Cook 3 minutes; flip omelet. Spoon crawfish mixture onto half of omelet. Carefully loosen omelet with a spatula; fold in half. Gently slide omelet onto a plate; top with cheese. Cut omelet in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note