OMG! Fabulous, hearty recipe! Loved the blue cheese twist in the salad. My favorite potato salad, and it has bacon!
Big Daddy's Grilled Blue Cheese-and-Bacon Potato Salad
Grilling the potatoes in an easy-to-fold aluminum foil packet adds a subtle note of smoky flavor–plus it makes cleanup a breeze.
More From Southern Living
Other: 35 Minutes
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Place potatoes in a single layer in center of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring up foil sides over potatoes; double fold top and side edges to seal, making 1 large packet.
- 2. Grill potatoes, in foil packet, covered with grill lid, 15 minutes on each side. Remove packet from grill. Carefully open packet, using tongs, and let potatoes cool 5 minutes.
- 3. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add potatoes, tossing gently to coat. Stir in onion, blue cheese, and bacon.
- *Balsamic vinegar may be substituted but will darken the color of the dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note