Big Crunchy Sugar Cookies
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted coarse decorator sugars
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Shape dough into a ball; cover and chill 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 3 portions. Work with 1 portion of dough at a time, storing remaining dough in refrigerator. Shape dough into 1 1/2" balls; roll each ball in decorator sugar. Place 2" apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Gently press and flatten each ball of dough to 3/4" thickness. Bake at 375° 13 to 15 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool.
This classic sugar cookie recipe is a go-to recipe all year long. Use sugars in your favorite school colors for tailgating, pastel colors for Easter, or orange sprinkles for Halloween.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note