- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3.625-oz.) package chili seasoning kit
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-oz.) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, chopped green onions, shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes
How to Make It
Sauté carrots and onion in hot oil in a 5- to 6-qt. Dutch oven over medium heat 7 minutes or until onions are translucent. Stir in half of red pepper packet from chili kit; stir in all of remaining packets. Sauté mixture 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and next 7 ingredients.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with desired toppings.
Note: We tested with Wick Fowler's 2 Alarm Chili Kit.