Big-Batch Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Total Time: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 pound(s) bone-in chicken breasts (about 10)
- 4 jar(s) each 16 oz- mild salsa verde
- 8 cup(s) fresh cilantro sprigs (from 2 bunches)
- 32 ounce(s) sour cream (about 4 cups)
- 32 ounce(s) frozen corn thawed
- 8 cup(s) Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese grated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 32 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1. Place the chicken in a large pot, add enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cooked through, 25 to 35 minutes; remove from pot and let cool. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken, discarding the skin and bones. Divide the chicken meat between 2 large bowls.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, working in batches, puree the salsa, cilantro, and 2 cups of the sour cream until smooth; transfer to a medium saucepan as you work. Simmer the sauce until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes; stir in the remaining 2 cups of sour cream.
- 3. To each bowl of chicken, add 1 package of corn, 1 cup of the sauce, 2 cups of the cheese, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 4. Spread 1 cup of the remaining sauce in each of four 9-by-13-inch baking dishes (4 cups total). Roll the chicken mixture in the tortillas (about ½ cup per tortilla) and place seam-side down in the dishes (8 rolls per dish). Top each dish of enchiladas with 1 cup each of the remaining sauce and cheese.
- 5. To eat tonight: Bake the enchiladas at 400° F until bubbling and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6. To freeze and cook later: Freeze the unbaked enchiladas, tightly sealed, for up to 3 months. To cook, thaw the enchiladas and bake, uncovered, at 400° F until heated through, bubbling, and beginning to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by judyjrfm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note