"Big and Bold" Taco Chicken Pizza
Chef Aaron McCargo Jr., star of the Food Network’s “Big Daddy’s House,” has partnered with Fresenius Medical Care North America to develop tasty, renal-friendly recipes for dialysis patients. The "Big and Bold" Taco Chicken Pizza with Guacamole, which is perfect for Cinco De Mayo celebrations, was made for people with kidney failure as well as their families and friends.
Yield: 1 serving ( Serving Size: 8 )
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil
- 4 tablespoon(s) "AMJ Taco Rub"
- 1 whole(s) pizza dough frozen or refrigerated
- 3/4 cup(s) low-sodium mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup(s) low-sodium sharp cheddar shredded
- 1 cup(s) guacamole
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) freeze-dried onions
- 1 tablespoon(s) freeze-dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) freeze-dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Pound out chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and place in a shallow dish. Combine the oil and 3-4 tablespoons of the AMJ Taco Rub in a small bowl and spread or rub onto the chicken. Let marinate for 30 minutes. Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool. Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Cut pizza dough into 6 even pieces. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each dough section until it’s very thin. Brush the dough with canola oil and lightly dust with remaining AMJ Taco Rub. Grill on both sides until crisp and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Evenly distribute cheese mixture on each pizza. Then top each with the diced chicken. Return pizzas to the grill, cover and cook until cheese is bubbly and melted. Remove from grill and serve. Top the pizzas with guacamole and a dollop of sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by FullandBy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note