Bierocks are pieces of bread dough stuffed with gr. beef, cabbage & cheddar cheese. I make my own bread dough & my family devours them. They freeze well if you have any left over, that is.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Bread Dough
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) very warm water
- 4 cup(s) bread flour (all-purpose is fine)
- 6 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 2 package(s) quick-rise yeast
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 head(s) cabbage, small Shredded
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Scald milk in microwave for 2 minutes on high. Add sugar, salt, butter to the milk and stir. Cool to lukewarm. Measure water and dissolve yeast with the water in a large mixing bowl. The dissolved yeast will be quite foamy when it's ready to be worked in (about 10 minutes). When milk is lukewarm, add slowly to the flour and dissolved yeast. Mix till "doughy". Turn onto a lightly floured board. Knead till dough is fairly elastic. Place dough in a large bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise until double, 15 min. to 1/2 hr.
- Prepare ground beef & cabbage mixture while dough is raising.
- Brown ground beef in dutch oven. Add shredded cabbage & season with the salt & pepper. Cover & simmer til cabbage is limp, about 15 minutes.
- Take pieces of bread dough & roll out into 4x4 in. squares. Place about 1/3 c. beef mixture in the middle of the square. Add shredded cheese on top & gather up the corners, pinching the edges & turn over onto a greased cookie sheet or 13x9 in. glass baking pan. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush butter over tops of bierocks & serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sunshinegirl915 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note