Bibb Salad with Peppered Pears and Candied Walnuts
Ripe pears and blue cheese are a delightful combination atop fresh lettuce leaves in our Bibb Salad with Peppered Pears and Candied Walnuts.
More From Coastal Living
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 unpeeled ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced about 1/3 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup walnut halves and pieces
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Boston Bibb lettuce heads
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Pear Vinaigrette
- 1. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pear slices to pan, and sprinkle with pepper. Cook 4 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- 2. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Stir in walnuts, sugar, and 1 tablespoon water. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sugar melts and coats walnuts. Spoon onto wax paper, and let cool about 15 minutes.
- 3. Arrange lettuce and reserved pears on a serving platter. Sprinkle with walnuts and blue cheese. Serve with Pear Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note