BEV'S FAMOUS MEATLOAF
From: Southern Living Heirloom Recipe Cookbook
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1 pound(s) ground pork sausage
- 18 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Combine first 8 ingredients and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a medium bowl just until
- 3. Place mixture in a lightly greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish, and shape mixture into
- a 10 x 5-inch loaf.
- 4. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- 5. Remove from oven and drain.
- 6. Stir together ketchup and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar; pour over meatloaf.
- 7. Bake 15 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion
- registers 160.
- 8. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes.
- 9. Remove from baking dish before slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JudyFerraro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
BEV'S FAMOUS MEATLOAF Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes