- 2 cups Pinot Noir or other dry red wine
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 1 (1/2-ounce) package dried assorted mushrooms
- 1/2 medium beet, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1 cup. Strain mixture through sieve into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Return wine mixture to saucepan; cook until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup. Reduce heat to low; add unsalted butter, 1 piece at a time, stirring with a whisk. (Do not overheat or sauce will separate.) Add salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note