Beurre Blanc Sauce
Photo: J. Savage Gibson
This recipe goes with Pumpkin Risotto with Shrimp
Yield: 3 cups
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 small shallots, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup reserved mashed pumpkin
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in mashed pumpkin.
- Process white wine mixture in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Return mixture to saucepan, and whisk in whipping cream. Cook sauce over medium heat, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Whisk in butter and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This