- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes. Stir in cream; simmer 3 more minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
Strain sauce into a bowl, discarding solids. Return sauce to saucepan; place pan over low heat. Add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking just until melted. Remove from heat; whisk in lemon juice and chives. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve warm.