Betty Ruth's Eggplant Casserole
This is my mother's recipe, passed from her Grandmother during the Great Depression era.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) bacon fat
- 1 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes w/juice chopped
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- Boil the unpeeled eggplant for 30 minutes. Cool and remove peel. Place the eggplant into a bowl and mash it to a pulp.
- Saute onion and bell pepper in skillet with the bacon fat. Add the chopped tomatos and juice. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add bread crumbs, salt and pepper (to taste) Worcestershire sauce and eggplant. Pour this mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with more bread crumbs and dot with extra butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the crumbs turn brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brikhaus and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note