Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Community Recipe from
- 3 whole(s) large yellow onions (3 cups) sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine melted
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 can(s) beef broth (14.5 oz ea)
- slow cooker liners
- Cheesy Broiled French Bread
- 8 slice(s) french bread 1" thick
- 3/4 cup(s) mozzarella cheese (3 oz) shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- Place Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -qt slow cooker bowl. Make sure that liner fits snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl and pull the top of the liner over rim of bowl.
- In lined slow cooker, mix onions and margarine. Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 to 35 minutes or until onions begin to slightly brown around edges.
- Mix flour, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir flour mixture and broth into onions. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until onions are very tender.
- Prepare Cheesy Broiled French Bread. Place 1 slice bread on top of each bowl of soup. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bekah251 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker French Onion Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes