- 3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 (16-oz.) package reduced-fat ground turkey sausage
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can stewed tomatoes with green peppers and onions, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add ground turkey and sausage; combine mixture just until blended, using hands. Place mixture on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan; shape mixture into a 10- x 5-inch loaf. Top with stewed tomatoes, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes.