easy to make and very delicious, serve with mashed potatoes or noodles, got to get all of the sauce eaten!!
Better Braised Short Ribs [2011-04-03 14:35:18.172]
Less greasy and delicious!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 pounds beef short ribs (6-8 ribs), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 3 c. low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 c ruby port or other red wine
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c minute tapioca
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375F. Season ribs with salt and pepper and arrange boneside up in roasting pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast until fat has rendered and ribs ar browned, 1 1/2 2 hours. Transfer ribs to paper towel lined plate. Reserve 2 T. rendered beef fat and discard remaining drippings.
- 2. Reduce oven temperature to 300F. Heat reserved fat in large dutch oven over medium high heat until shimmering. Cook onion, carrot, and celery until lightly browned about 5 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, wine, vinegar, tapioca, rosemary, and ribs to pot and bring to simmer.
- 3. Cover pot and transfer to oven. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened and ribs are completely tender, about 2 hours. Transfer ribs to serving platter. Strain and skim sauce. Serve, passing sauce at table.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by smscentral and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note