Beth's Favorite Meatloaf
Community Recipe from
- 6 slice(s) Thick Cut Bacon Crumbled
- 3 Large Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) Yellow Onion Chopped
- 3 clove(s) Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dried Sage
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) Panko Crumbs
- 1/3 cup(s) Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 1/2 pound(s) Ground Meatloaf Mix (Beef/Pork/Veal)
- 6 tablespoon(s) Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) Ketchup
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dry Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crisp and remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble into small pieces by hand or use a food processor for a more even grind. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, onion, garlic, bacon, salt, pepper, sage, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and worchestershire sauce. Combine well and gently fold in the panko and Italian bread crumbs. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add the meat mixture and use your hands to combine well. Place meat into baking dish and form into loaf.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, ketchup, dry mustard, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Pour over meat mixture and bake, uncovered, for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from oven and using two spatulas, transfer meatloaf to a warm platter. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KNewman430 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes