Beth's Favorite Meatloaf
This meatloaf is guaranteed to please adults and kids alike. Serve with mashed potatoes and white gravy for a meal that sticks to your ribs.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 slice(s) Thick Cut Bacon Crumbled
- 3 Large Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) Yellow Onion Chopped
- 3 clove(s) Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dried Sage
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) Panko Crumbs
- 1/3 cup(s) Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 1/2 pound(s) Ground Meatloaf Mix (Beef/Pork/Veal)
- 6 tablespoon(s) Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) Ketchup
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dry Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crisp and remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble into small pieces by hand or use a food processor for a more even grind. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, onion, garlic, bacon, salt, pepper, sage, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and worchestershire sauce. Combine well and gently fold in the panko and Italian bread crumbs. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add the meat mixture and use your hands to combine well. Place meat into baking dish and form into loaf.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, ketchup, dry mustard, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Pour over meat mixture and bake, uncovered, for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from oven and using two spatulas, transfer meatloaf to a warm platter. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KNewman430 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note