Great flavor! I would really recommend using a grill pan.
Best Turkey Burgers
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Homemade Hamburger Buns
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine first 5 ingredients gently. Shape mixture into 6 (5-inch) patties.
- 2. Grill, covered with grill lid, 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°. Serve on Homemade Hamburger Buns.
- Try These Twists!
- Muffuletta Burgers: Stir 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Pulse 1/2 (16-oz.) jar mixed pickled vegetables, drained, and 2 Tbsp. Italian dressing in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Top each burger with vegetable mixture and salami, ham, and provolone cheese slices.
- Note: We tested with Mezzetta Italian Mix Giardiniera pickled vegetables.
- Green Tomato-Feta Burgers: Stir 1 (4-oz.) container crumbled feta cheese, 1 Tbsp. finely minced red onion, and 1 tsp. minced oregano into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Top each burger with sliced pickled green tomatoes, lettuce, thinly sliced cucumber, a pinch of dried crushed red pepper, and a fresh dill sprig.
- Pickled Onion-Chutney Burgers: Stir 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion and 1/3 cup mango chutney into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Top each burger with a small wedge of blue cheese, arugula, whole grain Dijon mustard, and Red Onion Relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note