Great flavor! I would really recommend using a grill pan.
Best Turkey Burgers
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Homemade Hamburger Buns
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine first 5 ingredients gently. Shape mixture into 6 (5-inch) patties.
- 2. Grill, covered with grill lid, 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°. Serve on Homemade Hamburger Buns.
- Try These Twists!
- Muffuletta Burgers: Stir 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Pulse 1/2 (16-oz.) jar mixed pickled vegetables, drained, and 2 Tbsp. Italian dressing in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Top each burger with vegetable mixture and salami, ham, and provolone cheese slices.
- Note: We tested with Mezzetta Italian Mix Giardiniera pickled vegetables.
- Green Tomato-Feta Burgers: Stir 1 (4-oz.) container crumbled feta cheese, 1 Tbsp. finely minced red onion, and 1 tsp. minced oregano into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Top each burger with sliced pickled green tomatoes, lettuce, thinly sliced cucumber, a pinch of dried crushed red pepper, and a fresh dill sprig.
- Pickled Onion-Chutney Burgers: Stir 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion and 1/3 cup mango chutney into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Top each burger with a small wedge of blue cheese, arugula, whole grain Dijon mustard, and Red Onion Relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes