Best Pound Cake Ever
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) butter softened
- 3 cup(s) sugar
- 6 whole(s) egg
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 container(s) 8 oz sour cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- You must be careful not to beat this too much or the cake will turn out too tough.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yolk disappears.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts. Pour into a greased and floured 12-cup tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Best Pound Cake Ever Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts