Delicious little ice cream sandwiches! I omitted the candy from the recipe and did different flavor ice cream in the middle (16 sandwiches; 4 different flavors) then rolled them in sprinkles. The kids, big and little all enjoyed them!
The Best Ice-Cream Sandwich Ever
Any chocolate chip cookie recipe will work, but we prefer the extra-chocolaty, extra-rich recipe below. Try these ice-cream flavors with our cookies: vanilla, peppermint, chocolate, or butter pecan.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 8 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Ice cream (about 2 cups)
- 1. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 minutes or until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in candy-coated chocolate pieces just until combined. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto greased aluminum foil- or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake, in batches, at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Place a small scoop of ice cream between 2 cookies. Press together gently; serve immediately, or wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and freeze until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note