Delicious little ice cream sandwiches! I omitted the candy from the recipe and did different flavor ice cream in the middle (16 sandwiches; 4 different flavors) then rolled them in sprinkles. The kids, big and little all enjoyed them!
The Best Ice-Cream Sandwich Ever
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris-Pursell
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 8 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Ice cream (about 2 cups)
- 1. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 minutes or until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in candy-coated chocolate pieces just until combined. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto greased aluminum foil- or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake, in batches, at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Place a small scoop of ice cream between 2 cookies. Press together gently; serve immediately, or wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and freeze until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts