Best Fruit Cake Pie
Community Recipe from
- 1 9" in pie crust
- 1 cup(s) pecan halves, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) red candied cherries, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped dates
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped candied pineapple
- 6 tablespoon(s) softened butter
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) each: ground cloves, ginger, nutmet
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; set aside.
- Chop 1/2 cup pecans; set remaining pecan halves aside.
- Chop 1/2 cup cherries; halve remaining cherries and set aside.
- Combine the dates, pineapple and chopped pecans and cherries; sprinkle over crust.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, corn syrup, cloves, ginger and nutmeg (option: add 2 tablespoons dark rum). Pour over fruit mixture. Top with the reserved pecan and cherry halves.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PioneerChef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes