Best Fruit Cake Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 9" in pie crust
- 1 cup(s) pecan halves, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) red candied cherries, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped dates
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped candied pineapple
- 6 tablespoon(s) softened butter
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) each: ground cloves, ginger, nutmet
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; set aside.
- Chop 1/2 cup pecans; set remaining pecan halves aside.
- Chop 1/2 cup cherries; halve remaining cherries and set aside.
- Combine the dates, pineapple and chopped pecans and cherries; sprinkle over crust.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, corn syrup, cloves, ginger and nutmeg (option: add 2 tablespoons dark rum). Pour over fruit mixture. Top with the reserved pecan and cherry halves.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PioneerChef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note