Best Fresh Strawberry Tarts
This recipe makes 24, depending on the size of the tart shells or a pie crust could be used. Recipe from Grandmother's Kitchen.
Refrigerate: 4 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 4 cup(s) fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the prebaked tart shells.
- Fill each tart shell with 2 nice large berries cut long in quarters or halves.
- In a saucepan, crush the remaining 2 cups berries , you can use a potato masher or auto hand blender.
- Add in sugar and cornstarch; stir to combine.
- Cook and stir constantly over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and clear.
- Add in lemon juice; stir.
- Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour berry mixture over the berries in the tart crusts or in the pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Before you are ready to serve, prepare whipped cream as follows: Add whipping cream to a mixing bowl; whip, using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add in sugar and whip until peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream over pie wedges if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note