Best Ever Tomato Sauce
Packed with veggies! Freeze in ziploc bags for up to 3 months. Heat and serve over pasta with generous helpings of grated Parmesean
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) water
- 4 can(s) diced tomatoes (14 oz ea)
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) basil chopped
- 2 whole(s) carrots grated
- 2 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 2 whole(s) white or yellow onions chopped
- 1 whole(s) bell peppers chopped
- 1 whole(s) leek chopped
- 2 whole(s) zucchini chopped
- 1 whole(s) butternut squash peeled and grated
- 6 clove(s) garlic
- 2 whole(s) bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Prep all veggies, using a food processor to grate. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add all veggies and spices except squash and tomato.
- Cook 20 minutes, covered, until veggies are soft but not browning. Add squash and tomatoes and water. Season further as needed (with salt and pepper). Bring to a boil, then simmer 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves, then puree with stick blender until smooth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Oddity123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Best Ever Tomato Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments