- separate egg whites from yolks.
- mix egg yolks, mascarpone cheese and sugar (to taste, approximately 1/2 cup) in a bowl.
- beat egg whites and a tablespoon of sugar until they hold a soft peak.
- gently incorporate mascarpone mix with egg whites. Do not over-stir, the mix should remain frothy.
- mix the espresso (room temperature) with the Amaretto.
- In a large flat-bottomed serving dish, place a layer of ladyfingers and drizzle a couple of tablespoons of coffee and Amaretto mix. Cover with the mascarpone cream. Add another layer of ladyfingers, coffee/Amaretto mix and mascarpone cream.
- finish by dusting cocoa on the surface using a small strainer to achieve even coverage.
- cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (ideally overnight).
Serve and enjoy!
Go to full version of