Best ever Tiramisu'
traditional Tiramisu' recipe from my childhood days in Northern Italy.
Chilling Time: 3 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 ounce(s) Mascarpone cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 large box(es) ladyfingers (crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon(s) cocoa
- 1 cup(s) strong coffee or espresso
- 1 tablespoon(s) Amaretto
- - separate egg whites from yolks.
- - mix egg yolks, mascarpone cheese and sugar (to taste, approximately 1/2 cup) in a bowl.
- - beat egg whites and a tablespoon of sugar until they hold a soft peak.
- - gently incorporate mascarpone mix with egg whites. Do not over-stir, the mix should remain frothy.
- - mix the espresso (room temperature) with the Amaretto.
- - In a large flat-bottomed serving dish, place a layer of ladyfingers and drizzle a couple of tablespoons of coffee and Amaretto mix. Cover with the mascarpone cream. Add another layer of ladyfingers, coffee/Amaretto mix and mascarpone cream.
- - finish by dusting cocoa on the surface using a small strainer to achieve even coverage.
- - cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (ideally overnight).
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by denisantoine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note