Best Ever Meatloaf
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 2 cup(s) Sweet Onions, chopped, about 4 medium
- 1 bottle(s) Dark Beer, 12 oz
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried Thyme Leaves (or 1 tablespoon fresh, minced)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dry Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 pound(s) Ground Beef
- 1 1/4 pound(s) Ground Chicken/Turkey/Veal
- 1 cup(s) Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- *Note 1: For the ground meat, any combination of meats can be used. It's up to what's available and personal preference. It can be an all beef meatloaf, if you like.
- *Note 2: Bread crumbs can be made with any bread on hand, processed in a blender or food processor until finely ground. 1 slice makes about 1/3 cup crumbs, or ready made crumbs can be used.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a loaf pan, 8 1/2" x 4 1/2", with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Pour in beer and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is quite syrupy and the mixture reduces to about 3/4 cup, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in thyme, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Add meat, breadcrumbs, parsley and eggs to onion mixture. Mix thoroughly with clean hands (or use latex/rubber gloves) and transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the meatloaf about 1 hour 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, drain liquid from the pan and slice. Serve hot or cold or in a sandwich.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EllenLn123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes