We love these mashed potatoes. They taste as close as we can get them to the mashed potatoes as Longhorn Steakhouse.
Best Ever Mashed Potatoes
- 4 pound(s) Golden Creamer Potatoes Peeled and diced into quarters
- 1 whole(s) Bay Leaf
- 8 ounce(s) Philly Cream Cheese
- 3 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup(s) 2% or less Milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chives Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 1. Put the potatoes into a large pot, add the bay leaf, 2 tablespoons salt, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Test with a fork until potatoes fall apart on the water.
- 2. Drain them well and remove the bay leaf. Put the potatoes through a potato ricer or food mill into a large bowl.
- 3. Heat the butter, philly cream cheese, and milk together in the microwave until they are incorporated and hot. The philly cream cheese may not be all melted. That is ok. Pour hot mixture into potatoes. Use potatoe masher to incorporate together. If the potatoes are still dry, add small amounts of milk until they are the correct consistency (should be smooth and fluffy).
- 4. Add salt and pepper to taste and add the chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by melendbm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note