Best Ever Chocolate Cake
Stand Time: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1. Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease bottoms of 3 8 x 1 1/2 inch round cake pans.
- Line bottoms of pans with waxed paper.
- Grease and lightly flour waxed paper and sides of pans.
- Set pans aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with a electric mixer on medium to high
- speed for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed for 3
- 4 minutes or until well mixed.
- Scrape side of bowl, continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition (about 1 minute total).
- Beat in vanilla.
- 4. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to beaten mixture, beating on low speed
- just until combines after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- 5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center
- comes out clean.
- Cool cake layers in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Peel off waxed paper.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- 6. Prepare Chocolate Frosting; fill and frost cake layers.
- If desired, top with chocolate curls and candied nuts.
- Store cake in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Gracie08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Best Ever Chocolate Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy