Best-Ever Asparagus/Ham Rolls
This is an easy dish to prepare, yet elegant enough for company. Recipe published in Country Extra March 1991.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slice(s) sandwich-type ham
- Prepared mustard
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- • Cook asparagus to crisp-tender. Spread one side of each ham slice with mustard. Roll ham around 2-3 asparagus spears. Layer rolls, seam side down, in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Set aside.
- • In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Blend in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and onions if desired. Pour over ham rolls. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note