Best Enchilada Sauce EVER
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) New Mexico or California chili powder
- 8 ounce(s) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth (or water for vegetarian)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) onion salt
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour and chili powder, reduce heat to medium, and cook until lightly brown, stirring constantly to rpevent burning flour.
- Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, cocoa, garlic powder, and onion salt into the flour and chili powder until smooth, and continue cooking over medium heat approximately 10 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Season to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BranV01 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note