Best Dinner Rolls - Taste of Home
Prep 35 minutes + rising; Bake 10 minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 1/2-5 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 package(s) 1/4 oz. active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 1 whole(s) egg lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120-130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add 2 eggs; beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2 Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning over to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 portions. Shape into balls. Divide the balls between 2 greased 13 X 9 inch baking pans.
- 4. Cover with a clean, lightweight towel and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with lightly beaten egg. Sprinkle rolls with toppings of your choice.
- 5. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Parm-Garlic: 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic
- Almond-Herb: 2 tbsp. chopped sliced almonds and 1/2 tsp. each kosher salt, dried basil and dried oregano
- Everything: 1 tsp. each poppy seeds, kosher salt, dried minced garlic, sesame seeds and dried minced onion.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Best Dinner Rolls - Taste of Home Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads