Best Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage
I've been making this meal for more than 40 years. It is so easy and delicious. It's especially good served with a salad of peaches and cottage cheese. From Ruth Warner: Wheat Ridge, Colorado. Originally published as Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage in Shop Taste of Home
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2 pounds)
- 1 medium head(s) cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) chicken broth
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- • In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, combine water and contents of corned beef seasoning packet; add beef. Close cover securely. Turn regulator knob to pressure and select high pressure. Cook for 45 minutes.
- • Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- • Release pressure according to manual instructions. Remove beef to a serving platter. Discard cooking liquid. Serve beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onion. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note