Best Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2 pounds)
- 1 medium head(s) cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) chicken broth
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- • In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, combine water and contents of corned beef seasoning packet; add beef. Close cover securely. Turn regulator knob to pressure and select high pressure. Cook for 45 minutes.
- • Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- • Release pressure according to manual instructions. Remove beef to a serving platter. Discard cooking liquid. Serve beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onion. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note